There are a couple different problems that might affect your ability to log into a CCV wireless network at one of our academic centers. Most of those problems can be resolved by following one of these steps:
- Remove or forget the network connection (see directions below). You can then re-add it by following directions on the Wireless page.
- CCV passwords expire! This is one of the most common access issue. Follow these Password Reset instructions to change your CCV password.
Still having trouble?
Please reach out to staff at either your academic center, or the CCV IT HelpDesk.
Forget a wireless network
If you’re having trouble with a Wi-Fi connection a good troubleshooting step is to “forget” the network. Different computers and phones have different ways to do this. Please follow the directions below for the device you are using.
To forget a wireless network on a Windows 10 computer, click on the wireless icon in the taskbar. Then right-click on the CCV network and choose Forget.
Tap on the information icon next to the wireless network, then choose, “Forget this Network”.
Microsoft Access is a database management system (DBMS) from Microsoft that combines the relational Microsoft with a graphical user interface and software-development tools.
The “Tell me” feature allows you to search for features in Microsoft Access by typing in certain key words or phrases. For example, if you wanted to know how to insert a picture into your document, you could search “filter” and Tell Me will come up with a small list of features, including AutoFilter and Advanced Filtering Options. This feature can be found to the right of the Navigation Menu.
When you download a document from your email or online you might notice you can’t make any changes to it. This is because by default Access only allows you to view the document for your safety. If you trust where you received the document from you can hit “Enable Editing” to the right of the notification under your Navigation area to be able to edit the document as normal.
Navigation Menu (Ribbon System)
The picture above shows the Ribbon System, or what is more commonly known as, the Navigation Menu. Each tab will bring up a different set of tools to modify and control your document, by pressing the Alt key. Access will show you the shortcut combos to quickly navigate the menu and features inside each menu. To use these shortcuts just tap Alt then the key shown, Alt does not have to be held down.
- The “File” tab will bring up a new window where you can save, open, print, and share a document. This is also where you can create a new document.
- The “Home” tab is where you can paste, refresh, and filter things in your database.
- The “Create” tab is where you create new tables for your database and query items from your database.
- The “External data” tab allows you to import data from multiple different sources including Excel or a text file.
- The “Database Tools” tab is where you can compact and repair your database, Run Macros, create relationships and dependencies and analyze the table.
- The “Design” tab is where you can make or append a table. You can also go through all the table commands for SQL with an interface instead.
Quick Access Toolbar
The quick access toolbar allows for you to quickly access tools and functions that you might need or want commonly. It can be found at the top left of the program.
- The “Save” button allows you to quickly save without having to go through the file tab. If you have not yet saved your document this will act as “Save As” asking where you would like to save it and what you would like to name it. Shortcut is: Ctrl + S on Windows and + S on Mac.
- The “Undo” button allows you to undo the last change you made to your document. This will allow you to undo any changes you’ve made this session. The arrow down next to it will allow you to select a specific change and it will undo everything from that point on. Alternatively you can hold down the shortcut to undo until release. Shortcut: Ctrl + Z on Windows and + Z on Mac.
- The “Repeat” button allows you to do a few different things. It is commonly used to redo an action you might have accidentally undone or it can also repeat the last thing you did such as inserting a table. Holding down the shortcut will use this function multiple times. Shortcut: Ctrl + Y on Windows and + Y on Mac.
- The last button on the Quick Access Toolbar is a dropdown menu which features common windows functions such as save and spell check. This can be customized to include features you commonly use so you don’t have to memorize shortcuts or switch tabs every time you wish to do something.
Free Microsoft Office
Everyone going to school or working for the Vermont State Colleges can download the full Microsoft Office client suite for free. This includes Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and many more and can be installed and activated on up to 5 computers at a time. Only available for Windows* or Mac computers (*Not available on Windows 10 S Mode, or Chromebooks).
- Log into your Microsoft Account Installs page.
- Click Install Office and follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the Microsoft Office software compatible with your computer.
Microsoft Office Mobile Apps
Install the apps from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
Microsoft Office 365
In addition, you have access to Microsoft Office 365 web-based applications (OneDrive, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, etc.). Log into your email account at https://ccv.edu/mail and click on the app launcher in the upper left corner to view all applications.
VSC Policy on usage of One Drive storage is here – https://www.vsc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/662-1-OC-Microsoft-OneDrive-Policy.pdf
Free Public Wifi
Adobe Creative Cloud
Students can purchase an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription here: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?promoid=NV3KR7S1&mv=other Look under the “Students &Teachers” tabs.
To use Adobe software in the classroom, students need to create and log in using Adobe ID accounts. More information about this change can be found here:
Zoom is CCV’s video conferencing software. Here are some guides and getting started documents: